It has become evident during the COVID pandemic how important fast and reliable point of care (POC) testing is. True POC diagnostics is readily deployable, accurate and so intuitive and easy to use that it does not require extensive training. Aidian’s QuikRead go® and the newest addition to Aidian's distributor family, the POC hematology analyzer HemoScreen™ by PixCell Medical, both fulfill these criteria. POC diagnostics of C-reactive protein (CRP) and complete blood count (CBC) can shorten turnaround time and are likely to benefit patients in intensive care units, operating rooms and emergency departments (1). POC CRP testing can also have a positive cost-benefit effect as it can shorten the length of stay at the emergency department and the need for additional laboratory tests (2). Even though CBC is the most frequently ordered blood test in clinical pathology (3) it is largely still confined to laboratory settings. HemoScreen™ offers a new POC solution for fast and reliable CBC diagnostics. It is a portable point of care hematology analyzer that combines flow cytometry and digital imaging in a single platform for CBC and white blood cell 5-part differential. HemoScreen™ uses a novel physical–chemical process, combined with machine vision and artificial intelligence, designed for POC use (4). HemoScreen™ employs single-use cartridges, where the sample is introduced, and then inserted into the analyzer; after approximately 5 min, the results are displayed.
Accurate measurement of CRP can be critical in the management of patients with symptoms of infection. Depending on the infection, CRP POC testing has shown to decrease antibiotic prescribing for 15-27% compared to the situation when CRP is not tested before prescribing (5). The QuikRead go® easy CRP test is a reliable POC test carried out with portable QuikRead go® Instrument. The unique one-step sample collector used with the QuikRead go® easy CRP minimizes hands-on steps and enables effortless CRP testing. The test gives quantitative CRP results within 2 minutes and speeds up the path for correct diagnosis. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information, we are happy to find the best solution for your needs. You can also read more about HemoScreen™ and QuikRead go® easy CRP on our website - see links below.
Read more about HemoScreen™ instrument*:
HemoScreen™ instrument (Finland)
HemoScreen™ instrument (Denmark)
HemoScreen™ instrument (Norway)
(*HemoScreen™ is distributed by Aidian in Finland, Denmark, Norway, Estonia and Latvia)
Read more about QuikRead go® easy CRP.
- Larsson A, Greig-Pylypczuk R, Huisman A. The state of point-of-care testing: a European perspective. Ups J Med Sci 2015;120:1–10
- Hernandez-Bou S, Trenchs V, Vanegas MI et al. Evaluation of the bedside Quikread go(R) CRP test in the management of febrile infants at the emergency department. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2017; 36(7): 1205-1211.
- Find A Lab Test. Top 10 Blood Tests Ordered by Doctors.Find Lab Tests Online. [cited 2020 Mar 3]. https://www.findlabtest.com/ar...
- Bransky A, Larsson A, Aardal E, Ben-Yosef Y, Christenson RH. A Novel Approach to Hematology Testing at the Point of Care. J Appl Lab Med. 2021 Mar 1;6(2):532-542. doi: 10.1093/jalm/jfaa186. PMID: 33274357; PMCID: PMC7798949.
- Tonkin-Crine SKG, Tan PS, van Hecke O et al. Clinician-targeted interventions to influence antibiotic prescribing behaviour for acute respiratory infections in primary care: an overview of systematic reviews (Review). Cohcrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017; 7(9): CD012252.